The Big Ten Student Design Challenge local judging committees have narrowed down the applicant pool to the top seven submissions. Each school designated a space to be redesigned on their campus. We received 30 entries across the seven competing schools. The student teams come from a variety of backgrounds, majors and class ranks. Each group created their own design and selected furnishings from a Herman Miller catalog customized for this competition.
The top team from each school is listed below with a link to their winning proposal:
- Indiana University: Visionary Hoosiers
- Michigan State University: Green Studio
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln: The Groundbreakers
- Ohio State University: Golden Bucks
- Pennsylvania State University: YSK Design Innovators
- Rutgers University: The A Team
- University of Wisconsin: Team Forward
The next step of the competition will take place over the week of December 16, 2019 as judges narrow the top seven teams down to the top three. The top three teams will win a trip to Herman Miller headquarters to collaborate with industry professionals and refine their design for a final pitch before the winning design is chosen and built. Stay tuned for the results!