Release and Waiver
This is a legally binding Waiver and Release (“Waiver”) made by me to the Big Ten Academic Alliance Student Design Challenge (the “Competition”). By entering this Competition, I agree and acknowledge that:
- I am 18 years of age or older at the date of entry,
- I am currently enrolled in one of participating Big Ten Universities; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, or Wisconsin,
- I voluntarily choose to enter the Competition, and do so despite the possible any associated dangers and risks,
- I may only be part of one Design Team consisting of three or four people, and make one entry in the Competition,
- My entry, including all plans, designs, and other intellectual property, (“Entry”) is my own work and that of my Design Team, and contains no other third-party content or materials of which I do not have the right to submit,
- Once submitted, my entry becomes the property of The Big Ten Student Design Challenge and the university in which I am enrolled (“University”), grants me a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use my Entry for any non-commercial purpose,
- My submitted Entry will not be returned,
- I grant to the Big Ten Student Design Challenge and the University the right to publish, broadcast, webcast, or disseminate in any other form or medium any or all:
- Stories and/or information about me or my Entry that I have provided for use in news stories, publications, promotional materials, web features and/or any other Competition or University purposes, and
- Photographs, video, audio, and other images or likenesses of me for use in news stories, publications, promotional materials, web features and/or any other Competition or University purposes.
- All photographs, video, audio, images, likenesses, stories, and other materials will remain the property of the Competition and the University.
- The winning Design Team (of three to four people) will share equally a cash Prize of $2000 from their university and may receive a non-monetary prize (or prizes) from Herman Miller. In compliance with tax laws, all Prizes may be taxable to individuals.
This form is currently closed for submissions.
If you have questions or have difficulty submitting your proposal, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.